Achieving the rank of black belt is no easy task! In order to achieve your goal you need to be S.M.A.R.T! Here is a formula to help you set yourself up for success.
- Specific- Know exactly what you want to accomplish
- Measurable- Set check points along the way to ensure that you are making progress
- Achievable- A goal should be challenging but not so far out of reach that you set yourself up for failure
- Relevant- Meaningful goals align with your dreams and beliefs. They should relate to the attainment of your overall vision.
- Timely- Set a date to achieve your goal. From there you can chunk it down into bite sized pieces.
This week we are focused on the A or Achievable. We have a saying in the martial arts that setting a short range goal that you believe that you can achieve. Then, once you reach it you will be able to see a little bit further. Another saying that you might be familiar with is that inch by inch is a cinch; yard by yard can be very hard. Each of us has enormous potential and most goals are attainable if we simply develop the habit of using the S.M.A.R.T. formula.
Be sure to LIKE our Facebook page to see more of our weekly student “mat chats” on a regular basis.