Achieving the rank of black belt is no easy task! In order to achieve your goal you need to be S.M.A.R.T! Here is a formula to help you set yourself up for success.
- Specific- Know exactly what you want to accomplish
- Measurable- Set check points along the way to ensure that you are making progress
- Achievable- A goal should be challenging but not so far out of reach that you set yourself up for failure
- Relevant- Meaningful goals align with your dreams and beliefs. They should relate to the attainment of your overall vision.
- Timely- Set a date to achieve your goal. From there you can chunk it down into bite sized pieces.
This week we are focused on the M or Measurable. Black Belt is a long range goal; it can take anywhere from 4-10 years to achieve! The check points we use along the way in the martial arts are either colored belts or in some style, certification levels. These would be considered short to mid range MEASURABLE checkpoints to keep us motivated and on track to hit the long term goal of black belt.